Your privacy is important and, for that reason, we only collect the bare minimum to maintain this website.
Michael Holiday Books is referred to as "we", "Michael Holiday", "us", and "MH Books." The end-user of michaelholidaybooks.com is referred to as "you", "the user", or "the end-user."
What data is collected?
We collect the following information via a self-hosted Shynet analytics server:
- Page URL— I use this to see how many times a page has been viewed
- HTTP referer— I use this to see how many people are coming from certain websites
- Browser— I use this to see what browsers and browser versions are being used
- Operating system— I use this to see what operating systems are being used
- Device type— I use this to see what kinds of devices are being used (desktop, laptop, mobile)
- Visitor country— I use this to get a general idea of where users are from. This is found using the visitor's IP address, which is only used to find said country and then is discarded. It is never stored in our database or logs.
None of this data can be linked back to you by us.
Why is this data collected and used?
This data allows us to properly fix bugs and issues with the website.
Who processes this data?
The data is processed by the following parties:
- Vercel and their subprocessors: They host this site. As of writing, they do not mention who powers their services.
- 1984 Hosting and their subprocessors: They host the analytics server. The servers are located in Iceland.
- Matthew Ronchetto (d.b.a. doamatto): Matthew maintains the analytics server, and, therefore, has access to all data on the server.
What if there's a data breach?
In the event of a data breach at Vercel or 1984, we cannot do anything to notify users as we do not collect identifiable data.
Where can I find past version of this policy?
You can write to legal [at] michaelholidaybooks.com to get help as swiftly as possible on amedning and fixing this document, as well as get answers to questions regarding this policy.
2022-04-02: Replace Umami with Shynet. Replace Uberspace (DE) with 1984 Hosting (IS).
2021-06-16: Replace Plausible Analytics with Umami. Replace Google Cloud Platform (US) with Uberspace (DE).
2021-05-21: Replace Vercel Analytics with Plausible Analytics.
Last updated on: June 16th, 2021